“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
Hikmah Capital’s core values are the driving force behind our vision, our people, and processes. The seven core values that bind our organization are:
Pursue beneficial knowledge to build solutions that positively impact the lives of people.
To always act and speak with honesty and honour without ever compromising the truth.
Pursue the highest level of quality in everything we do.
Encourage people at all levels of the organization to take initiative to make decisions that improve the experience of all our stakeholders.
Be proactive in developing and maintain a healthy work-life balance across the organization.
Acknowledge and assume full responsibility for our actions, products, and policies.
Be responsible global citizens respecting the individual, the environment, and the communities in which we operate.
These values shape our corporate committment to developing wise meaningful solutions that address real market needs and add value to society.
Supporting businesses and industries that follow the Principles for Responsible Investment as convened by the United Nations Secretary-General as well as generally accepted faith-based (Islamic and Catholic) investment guidelines.
Our investment, business development, or client engagement guidelines follow two tests:
A. Business Test – We do not deal with or invest in companies meeting the following criterion:
- Gambling, Media (mature content), or adult entertainment;
- Alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana production;
- Embryonic stem cell or human/animal cloning;
- Conventional interest based banking or insurance;
- Pork or genetically modified food products;
- Production and sale of weapons or munitions;
- Environmental or human rights violations.
B. Financial Test – We do not invest in companies meeting the following criterion:
- Fixed or Long-term Debt / Market Capitalization > 33%
- (Cash + Interest Bearing Securities) / Total Assets > 33%
- Accounts Receivables / Total Assets > 50%